segunda-feira, 12 de março de 2007

Rabbit processor and Prolific Serial USB Dynamic C Error "Unable to setup port"

keywords: Dynamic C SE Compiler Rabbit Microcontroller Prolific Serial USB Cable not working Problem Target Communication Error RS232 Windows XP "Unable to setup port"
Are you having problem with Dynamic C for Rabbit Microprocessors and that Prolific USB to Serial converter?
Yes? So you are in the right place.

(sorry for my bad english)

I got a RabbitCore RCM2200 in the company that I work, it comes with Dynamic C SE 7.0 (I'll put some pictures later)
I lost 3 days of my life trying to make this thing work, but I got, I was almost giving up! I found little information about this in internet, so I think this could help some people like me in the world.

I bought a USB to Serial converter to my notebook. The driver that comes with this cable is " PL-2303 Driver Installer1.exe ", so the driver for this USB to Serial converter is " Profilic USB-to-Serial Comm Port " (you can find this information by opening "control pannel" -> "System" -> "Device Manager" -> Ports (Com & LPT) -> ""Profilic USB-to-Serial Comm Port"

When I start my Dynamic C SE (Special Edition) the program tries to find the correct processor connected to the board, and I got "unable to setup port" everytime.

First I thought it was a problem with the Dynamic C version, so I got the update from Dynamic C SE 7.20TSE to 7.21TSE, but I still getting that anoying error "unable to setup port"

I found into the official rabbit site, some forum with messages, and in the old forum I found some tips:

List of USB to Serial converter cables that works with Dynamic C

http://69.93.17.251/support/bb/messages/14/14314.html?1162704868
(broken link) :(

And there I found the following
------------------------------------------
By Anonymous on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 9:33 am: Edit
I used the following
Prolific (no name) USB-serial converter.
RCM3200 & DC9.4 with DC set up as below
Unchecked "Enable processor verification"
Checked "Disable baud negotiation"
Checked "Use USB-serial converter" It works
------------------------------------------

The Rabbit Website doesn't explain what is the differente between "Dynamic C SE" and "Dynamic C - The full-featured version"

I think "Dynamic C SE" is a simple version without the option "Use USB-serial converter" so forget this version!!!

I got the "Rabbit semiconductor Dynamic C 9.21" from Emule!
If you search there for "Rabbit Dynamic C" you'll find this software to download ;-)

But even with this version installed and configured I still getting that error "unable to setup port" :-( , but I found out by a miracle that this is a problem with the driver that I had of my prolific USB to Serial converter.

So I installed this other driver for prolific USB to Serial converter that I found:
wd_pl2303h-hx-x_v20019v2021.zip

And configured my DC (Dynamic C 9.21) as follow:
------------------------------------------
Options -> Project Options:
  1. mark Use serial connection
  2. check "Disable baud negotiation"
  3. Serial port: (use your virtual comm created by usb to serial driver)
  4. check "USE SERIAL TO USB CONVERTER!"
  5. Uncheck "Enable processor verification"
  6. Goto Targetless tab, Board Selection, and select your correct board, in my case is "22Mhz RCM2200, 128K SRAM, 256k Flash"
  7. and press "CTRL + Y" to connect to the board.
  8. Try open some samples and compile, it should work.
Now have fun!
------------------------------------------

I hope this information could help some people with this Prolific USB to Serial converter
(comment in this blog if this information has helped you, then I'll be glad)

5 comentários:

  1. I've had this problem for a long time, and never thought of trying something simple as installing Prolific driver :blush.
    Instead I tried a number of adapters, and none worked ... until I installed the Prolific driver, and now even the el-cheapo adapter works!

    Great, thanks!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Digo, I want to ask you some technical question about this. I have a problem with my Rabbit board and USB.

    Can you email me at:
    ionymous ***AT*** gmail ***DOT*** com

    ResponderExcluir
  3. THANK YOU!!!

    By the way - very important:
    Uncheck "Enable processor verification"

    -Robert

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Hi there, thnks for the guide. I have done everything that you said. But i get a communication error.
    While sendind Pilot BIOS:
    Target Communication Error.
    i think its not working at all. because it says the same thing if the target is turned off

    ResponderExcluir
  5. thanks a lot, my usb serial work after download ur suggested drivers. the cd come with the convertor is useless!!

    ResponderExcluir

Atualização DELL INSPIRON 15R com Update para Windows 10 22H2 travado em 61% ou 99%

 Como atualizar notebook DELL INSPIRON 15R com Windows 10 que está com a atualização travada em 61% ou 99%: Processo de atualização manual d...